IPSec Site to Site VPN - Connection between Clients without default gateway

Options
pit
pit Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

I think I've seen a similar configuration like what I want to reproduce. But I unfortunately cannot.

Following Problem:
I've got two Zyxel USG. An USG60 in our headquarter and an USG20-VPN in one of our branches. Between this two Gateways a VPN tunnel is established:

Headquarter:
LAN IP USG: 192.168.10.254
Devices IPs: 192.168.10.200 - 192.168.10.225

Branch:
LAN IP USG: 192.168.13.254
Devices IPs: 192.168.10.127 - 192.168.10.130

The VPN tunnel between the USGs is working fine, but now here come the difficulties:

In the headquarter there are devices in the subnet 192.168.10.0/24 which are supported by an external company and where i can't set a default gateway.

These devices should communicate with 4 devices with an IP range from 192.168.10.127 to 192.168.10.130 installed in the branch. On these 4 devices I also can't set a default gateway.

I thought it could somehow be possible to connect the devices in the headquarter with the devices in the branch by setting routing policies and / or SNAT and without setting default gateway on den devices itself.

But I'm not sure if this even can work!?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• pit
    pit Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It was planned, that the devices in the branch will be in the subnet 192.168.13.0/24. But as mentioned before the devices are supported by an external company and the technician installed the devices in the branch during my holidays with ether not knowing that a VPN tunnel is established between headquarters and branch (maybe he thought there is a wifi connection) or not knowing how the tunnel is configured.

Now I have the problem that the devices are "worthless" at the moment. So I thought that it may be possible to connect the devices without giving them a default gateway.

But if it's not possible I will get the devices configuration changed.

Thank you for your help!

PS: I've posted the question into the wrong category. Could you move it to USG Series?

Security Highlight