NWA1123-ACHD repeater mode

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hello @Talkabout,

About the question, Mesh and Wi-Fi roaming are both different features.

Mesh is to extend the signal to the other area which don't have Ethernet cable to connect with. It could save time to install a new line, but the throughput performance will have a slight decrease and it depends on the Wi-Fi interference in the network environment.

Wi-Fi roaming mechanism is to provide Wi-Fi internet to the other area through Ethernet cable, it will have a better throughput performance.

I'll prefer using Wi-Fi roaming to have a better Wi-Fi experience.

Thanks,

Jonas

Jonas,
  • Talkabout
    Talkabout Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi Jonas,

thanks for your answer, I was assuming the same but was not sure if there might be some "outstanding" features provided by the Mesh functionality.

Ok then, I will stay with roaming now so Mesh is not that important for me any more.

By the way: when will the Wifi roaming functionality leave its beta status?

Bye

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Talkabout,

Sorry, I would like to inform that our Wi-Fi roaming features 802.11k/v and 802.11r is already an official feature, only the smart-mesh feature is still on beta status.

Could you check again or provide a screenshot to us about the Wi-fi roaming is on beta status.

Thanks.

Jonas,

Jonas,
  • Talkabout

Hi Jonas,

here is a screenshot:

I am assuming that the "BETA" flag is for the "assisted roaming" feature, is this an additional feature?

Bye

• Zyxel_Panda
    Zyxel_Panda Posts: 97  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @Talkabout

Yes, it is assisted roaming. The behavior of mobile devices varies in the field and we keep enhancing customer’s roaming experience, so we mark the "BETA" flag.

• Talkabout

Hi,

thanks for the information!

Bye

• Talkabout

Hi Panda,

I recently had an issue with an older Android device. This device was not able to connect to the Wifi when assisted roaming was enabled. Somehow the EAP challenge by the RADIUS server was not answered by the device. After disabling this functionality the connection works again. With never devices (Android 8,9) I have not faced such issues. Is this a known problem with assisted roaming?

Bye

• Zyxel_Panda

Hi @Talkabout

What's model of Android device you're using? Does it support 802.11k/v features?

Could you collect the diagnostic log of AP for analyzing?

Thanks!

• Talkabout

Hi Panda,

the model is "Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)".

Bye

• Zyxel_Panda

Hi @Talkabout

Please check if the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) supports 802.11k/v on the NWA1123-AC-HD's GUI as below screenshot.

If possible , could you collect the diagnostic log of AP for analyzing the disconnection problem?

Thanks!