[NEBULA] Use NWA 1123 ACv2 as Receiver- how to configure

ZinkGmbH
ZinkGmbH Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Hello,

i want to use an NWA 1123 ACv2 as Reciever. I activated SmartMash, it's working. but now i will connect a standallone PC with only LAN to an NWA 1123 ACv2, so the computer is thinking he is in LAN, but he is connected via lan to an NWA 1123, so he is using the wlan.

I tried to connect the pc to the lan adapter of the NWA; but it is not working.

Is there something to configure?

Thanks for your support

Stefan

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @ZinkGmbH,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Based on the description, I would like to inform that NWA1123AC-v2 doesn't have LAN port. Do you mean NWA1123AC-v2 UPlink port?

Could you share a simple topology of the physical connection of your network environment? To clarify the current situation.

Thanks,

Jonas

Jonas,
  • TAPTech
    TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector

I believe he wants to use the AP as a wireless bridge. I have a feature request in for this already.

• Hi. Thanks for your response. Sorry dir unspecific description. Yes, wan‘t to use the Uplink Port for „direction switch“ as wlan in - lan out...

do you know what i mean, know?

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2019

Hi @ZinkGmbH,

Yes, if you are referring to wireless bridge mode it was already included in our road map and estimate release time is end of 2019.

But I would like to remind that wireless bridge mode do only support for AP that has LAN port, like; NAP203, NAP303, NWA1123-AC PRO, NWA1123-AC HD, NWA1302-AC, NWA5123-AC HD, WAC6303D-S, WAC6103D-I, WAC6502D-E, WAC6502D-S, WAC6503D-S & WAC6552D-S.

Hope the above is clear.

Thanks,

Jonas

Jonas,

Nebula Tips & Tricks