Nwa1123-ACV2

FrankIversen
FrankIversen Posts: 92  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN

Hi.

Does thie AP support wireless client mode so I can attach a printer to the network interface and use it wireless?

I can't seem to find the operating mode "wireless client" in the settings. Firmware is updated.

All Replies

• Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2019

@FrankIversen

The NWA1123-AC v2 doesn't support client mode.

If you really need the AP support client mode, you can find the Zyxel older model like NWA1100-NH, NWA1121-NI, NWA1123-NI or NWA1123-AC.

They all support client mode!

I have used one of them before~

• FrankIversen

why remove important and basic functionality when upgrading our accesspoint…...

• Zyxel_Panda
    Zyxel_Panda Posts: 97  Zyxel Employee

Hi @FrankIversen

NWA1123-AC v2 by default design does not support client mode but it supports WDS with root and repeater modes, it is because very few of our customers request the feature,therefore, we determined to obsolete this feature support and focus more on the enhancement for enterprise wireless mobility features.

In fact we currently support another feature called: WDS with wireless bridge should be able to meet your application to attach a printer to the network interface and use its wireless.

The topology of wireless bridge LAN:

Internet <->LAN<-> (RootAP) <Wi-Fi> (Repeater AP) <->LAN<->Other LAN Device (like printer or so on)

To enable bridging on the AP's GUI, select the option "Enable WDS Wireless Bridging" when you set up a repeater AP.

It's supported on the new AP models: WAC6103D-I ,WAC6500 series and NWA1123-AC PRO APs.

• RTH10
    RTH10 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hello

How one can enable WDS wireless bridging from NCC ?

• Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member

The WDS in NCC called Smart Mesh. The AP model support as below:

• FrankIversen

so if we use Smart mesh (what we of course would due when we want to use wireless client mode for the lan port), this will work?

• Zyxel_Panda
    edited August 2019

Hi @FrankIversen

As @IKLe mentioned that WDS(in standalone AP) in NCC called Smart Mesh. But Smart mesh is not suitable for your current scenario, its function is to extend the wireless signal. Smart mesh with wireless bridge mode is the application that meets your requirement.

It will be supported and released around mid-January next year, however it doesn't support on NWA1123-ACv2 AP, it will be supported AP models: WAC6103D-I ,WAC6500 series APs.

Thanks!

• RTH10
    RTH10 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Thanks Zyxel_Panda

do you mean sometime by mid-Jan 2020 the WDS will be supported with NCC?

• Zyxel_Panda

Hi @RTH10

I mean Smart mesh with wireless bridge mode feature will be supported with NCC around mid-January 2020.

Actually, the WDS term we called it for standalone AP. if AP is managed by NXC or USG controllers, the WDS term we called it Zymesh, however, if AP is in cloud mode which is managed by NCC, the WDS term we called it Smart mesh.

Thanks!

• scha
    scha Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment