Migration from UTM Firewalls zu ATP Firewalls

TomW
TomW Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Is there a tool like (https://convert.cloud.zyxel.com/) for configuration migration vom UTM (for example USG310) to ATP (for example ATP500)?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @TomW,

ATP is a new series of product line. ATP firewalls are not substituted for UTM firewalls.
    That's why we don't have convertor tool like https://convert.cloud.zyxel.com/ to convert configuration file from UTM to ATP.

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 104  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    Hi Tom

I've just made a migration from USG 110 to ATP 200.
    I had to do some changes at the config file, but since they are plain text it was easy.
    I took about 30 minutes to get it working at ATP 200.
    Just one thing to care about: the WAN interfaces have different numbers:
    At ATP200
        interface-name ge1 sfp
        interface-name ge2 wan1
        interface-name ge3 wan2
    At USG110
    interface-name ge1 wan1
    interface-name ge2 wan2

So, just give it a try!
    Mario
  • TomW
    TomW Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thanks for your information, Mario. Will try it like this. 
  • TAPTech
    TAPTech Posts: 165  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    My sales rep mentioned that the ATP isn't meant to be a replacement for the Next Gen USG line-up... but I wonder what the reason behind that is.  We deploy the USG series models with great success.  These days, a lot of the UTM features are not used, though. 

For example, email is all in O365 so we don't use spam filtering.  I'm still hesitant to break SSL and implement SSL inspection to be honest.  We do use and love the AP controller feature, BWM, and general routing rules.  Seems like ATP does all this.

For us it's probably ATP moving forward, with Nebula for the small locations.
  • Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi

I have an USG 300 at Home for my Local Net.

The point why I switch to an ATP200 is a) no support for the USG300 and b) the are cheaper, faster and have Wifi AP Manangemnt inside.

Now the Licence is not tht expence as for the USG300 so we can use contend filtering for Guests.

Security Highlight