Zyxel GS2210-24 / GBIC Transceiver

HAL
HAL Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi,

Do I need special GBIC Transceivers for the SFP Ports for my GS2210 switch ?
I have connected two switches via fiber cable using the SFP ports (to expand our LAN), but
there is no network connection between them. In the webinterface I see that there is no activity on the
used SFP port.

Must I enable something in the settings to make a connection between the switches or do I need special GBIC transceivers for the SFP Ports ?

BR from Cologne,
Chris

Comments

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @HAL

Welcome to the Zyxel community!

For starters, we'd like to confirm if you configure correct port speed on both ends of the optical link. For instance if your transceivers are 1Gbps, you should set port speed in auto-1000M or force in 1000M full-duplex mode to make the link work.

As for the SFP compatibility issue, only certain models of transceiver are guaranteed and verified working with our switch, you may see below sheet for your reference.

It may not support all brands of transceivers because there are numerous manufacturers in the market. It is impossible to verify each of them for compatibility.

Hopefully it helps.
    Zyxel_Lucious
  • accurro
    accurro Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude
    Hal

one other point to check is the fibre linking the switches themselves, ie have you got the directions correct - straight patch leads, crossover patch leads etc...
  • Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi

I send you an PM!