[NEBULA] NSG 100 - Maximum sessions per host (1000) was exceeded.

Options
mjr
mjr Posts: 26  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hello!

Is it possible to configure the value for the maximum sessions per host in the nebula control center?

BR Jochen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 660  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @mjr
    It's already in our roadmap will be launched in this year, I will update the schedule once confirm of it~ B)

Cheers!
    Chris
  • MikyMike
    MikyMike Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Nebula_Chris

Good to hear an update for this is coming. I have two NSG100's connected to each other, and I am running frequently, almost daily, into the 1000 session limit per host (in the event log), while I am currently just the only person test using a setup (with less than 20 devices combined over both NSG's).

When it would go into production with this limit of just 1000 sessions per host it wouldn't be so good. So I am quite curious to hear of any news on when or how this limit can be changed (also fine if there is a temporary solution through ssh or )?

The situation occurs naturally (reaching the limit), but when I do a scan on the network to see what is connected, with a tool like Advanced Port Scanner, which helps to see which devices can be seen through the VPN, or do a port scan from the outside to see if no ports are left open by accident, the session limit is reached every time this is done. If there is a smarter way or tool to check this without creating many sessions, any tips on avoiding reaching the limit?

Thanks!
    Mike
  • MikyMike
    MikyMike Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    p.s. or if there is way to kill sessions, that would help, I am now waiting to use the system till the session count is low enough, but easier if I could actively do something about it of course :-)
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 395  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @MikyMike,

We have already enhanced the session limit feature on NCC.
    You may go to GATEWAY > Configure > Traffic Shaping to configure.

Hope it helps.

Jason

Nebula Tips & Tricks