USG60W - Access Point are not working

Options
Jigen
Jigen Posts: 13  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Dear All,

I have only one Firewall USG60W which is the item which makes the wi-fi at my company.

Now I am trying to install on an industrial machinery I got at my company an industrial wifi hotspot named ANYBUS WIRELESS BOLT (https://www.anybus.com/products/wireless-index/anybus-wireless-bolt) which should connect itself to the wifi made by USG60W and return internet access to the machine via ethernet. I can let the machine get the DHCP address but the machine can't access internet.

It looks there is something which is blocking USG60W to allow the above described operation.

PS. I have tried to use ANYBUS WIRELESS BOLT on other networks where USG60W is not installed and it perfectly does its job.

Any solution ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

All Replies

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Jigen
    how exactly does your topoligie look like (some more details), e.g. vLAN Support and Zone Object existing for the WLAN config ?

Any MAC Filter probile existing in your WLAN config ?

regards
    Christian

• Jigen
    Jigen Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Jigen
    how exactly does your topoligie look like (some more details), e.g. vLAN Support and Zone Object existing for the WLAN config ?

Any MAC Filter probile existing in your WLAN config ?

regards
    Christian

Hi @ChristianG

it's a really basic topology - no WLAN ZONE OBJECT exist, it just replicate the LAN ZONE.

MAC filter, I would say no - never configured one since I dont have anything which extend the WIFI till now.
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Jigen

Welcome to Zyxel community :)

Is any connection issue for wired client behind USG60W?

How about WiFi connection result tested by other wireless clients?

What’s the IP and DNS addresses that machinery received?

Can client get ICMP reply from 8.8.8.8? 

For troubleshoot the traffic issue, can you add firewall rule for collecting more logs of this issue?

1.    Add policy control rule and log all of the traffic from machinery.

2.    Go to Monitor > Log to check if machinery traffic has forwarded to internet correctly.

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @Zyxel_Stanley and @Jigen
    i agree with Stanly his checkup. perhapse you can also see blockings in the LOG, if you enable the "default" rule at the end of the rule set? if you enable the LOG, are there any blocking information by your WiFi device (source-IP) ? If you use the USG60W iwith default config, the IP subnet tell you, what Subnet the WiFi device use.

I only had one case where a "low price" AP from Zyxel didn't report that he didn't accept a special character and so I was locked out of the AP and had to reset the AP.

The APs of the USG60W don't have the problem and one of my USG60W has 7vLANs and 5 NWA APs configured and running well.

Are you useing the Wireless Bolt - Ethernet RJ45 that has a wired connect to your USG or a switch before the USG ?

Regards and good luck
    Christian

Security Highlight