USG20W-VPN to provide NAT & Fix IPs

boldnoeagle
boldnoeagle Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
We´d like to use the unit to provide internal network IPs ( static within given range & distribution via DHCP ) ,, @sonicwall units there is a simple way to assign the firewall an own static IP & range for LAN clients; 

here we seem just to get some level NAT from the  Provider DSL; but that´d require setting all printers etc also to that range - an we really want to use a spec IPs there

have we (being sold) the wrong spec @ this Xyzel unit being able to do this ? 

THX

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @boldnoeagle  

Welcome to Zyxel community :)

In the default configuration DHCP server has enabled in LAN interfaces.

The default DHCP pool size is 200. You can change it for your environment.

And also you can enable IP-MAC binding for specific client. Then client will get static IP address from DHCP server.

• So,  I can (have to ? )  create own ip pool for all local ports ( 3 thru 6 :  LAN, DMZ & Guest ) separately  ? 

I still need to change the FW IP  to same address pool  in able to use FW just as a gateway ( while FW gets the WAN IP from DSL's DHCP  )  ?    

ALSO

At the forum there has being chatter bout the USG20W-VPN's  WLAN  issues,  are those now corrected  ?   Mine was still using the 4.25FW  from the box,  so where would one need to upg with a working FW , or keep using the 4.25 ?  

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @boldnoeagle  

In default configuration, all of internal interfaces have own IP address, and DHCP server are enabled. The DHCP address pool is 200. You can change is as larger or smaller for your scenario.

Due to DHCP server has configured in default configuration, so if you just need set static IP address for specific PCs, then you just need add IP-MAC binding rules in these interfaces.

According WLAN issue on USG20W-VPN already resolved in patch firmware.

You can forward your configuration by private message and I can help to test upgrading firmware first.

Security Highlight