Configuration of Three NWA1123-AC-PRO with cable lan

Wifi75
Wifi75 Posts: 6
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello to all, as object, I've Three ap NWA1123-AC-PRO (not nebula mode) all connected in same lan with wire cable.
I would like to cover a single floor of my house. I would like to use a single SSID and same password and allow all devices to be covered while I move.
How should I configure APs so that I don't conflict? 

Thank you

Best Answers

• livealive
    livealive Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Wifi said:
    IKLe said:
    @Wifi

Auto channel mode is great.
    If you set schedule in midnight to let AP change channel, I suggest you disable "Enable DCS Client aware" to let the AP change channel when there are station connecting.

and for this?
    In AP profile SSID I enable also 802.11k/v Assisted Roaming. 
    As I know , DCS (Dynamic Channel Selection) and 802.11k/v are different feature mechanism separately.
    enable DCS will help to auto select the best channel at that wireless environment , so for example , there are three APs, DCS with 2.4G will select 1, 6 and 11 non-overlapping channels for 3 APs, AP1 uses channel 1 , AP2 uses channel 6, AP3 uses channel 11, as well as 5GHz have more non-overlapping channels , so DCS will help to select that automatically.

Regarding to 802.11k/v features:

802.11k provides wireless stations with neighboring AP information,which helps them make faster roaming decisions.

802.11v enables an AP to advise an associated client that there are better APs to connect.

BTW, the connecting client must have the ability of 802.11k/v as well.

All Replies

• Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    you just need to set the same SSID with same security profile in per APs.
    Confirm the wifi coverage has overlap with different channel, like 1,6,11 or 5G different channels.
    The mobile device will roaming between APs.

• Wifi75
    IKLe said:
    you just need to set the same SSID with same security profile in per APs.
    Confirm the wifi coverage has overlap with different channel, like 1,6,11 or 5G different channels.
    The mobile device will roaming between APs.

leaving auto chanel mode on all AP do you think it takes the best channels without overlapping?
  • Winnie
    Winnie Posts: 30  Freshman Member
    @Wifi

If you set schedule in midnight to let AP change channel, I suggest you disable "Enable DCS Client aware" to let the AP change channel when there are station connecting.

• Wifi75
    IKLe said:
    @Wifi

and for this?
  • livealive
    livealive Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Wifi said:
    IKLe said:
    @Wifi

and for this?
    As I know , DCS (Dynamic Channel Selection) and 802.11k/v are different feature mechanism separately.
    enable DCS will help to auto select the best channel at that wireless environment , so for example , there are three APs, DCS with 2.4G will select 1, 6 and 11 non-overlapping channels for 3 APs, AP1 uses channel 1 , AP2 uses channel 6, AP3 uses channel 11, as well as 5GHz have more non-overlapping channels , so DCS will help to select that automatically.

Regarding to 802.11k/v features:

802.11k provides wireless stations with neighboring AP information,which helps them make faster roaming decisions.

802.11v enables an AP to advise an associated client that there are better APs to connect.

BTW, the connecting client must have the ability of 802.11k/v as well.