Device HA PRO - Connectivity Check

Filippo
Filippo Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi, I have a problem with two usg in ha-pro, with two wan ports configured, wan 1 primary line wan 2 secondary line, on both wan I set the Connectivity Check with ping on 8.8.8.8, and the trunk of the two wans in Weighted Round Robin, wan1 weight 10 wan2 weight 0 this is to make the secondary line as a backup in case of failure of the wan1.
By simulating a fault on the wan1, I don't automatically switch over to wan 2.
For the configuration in ha-pro, for this type of trunk do you need any other configuration?
Greetings

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2019
    @Filippo

The current mechanism of Device HA-Pro with WAN trunk interface is that when one of the interface on Monitor Interface(on the Active device) goes down, the Backup device will take over the forwarding role directly. 
    Therefore, I will move this request to idea section.

Charlie 
  • Filippo
    Filippo Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment
    I solved it this way:
    - deactivated the Failover When Interface Failure monitor
    - lowered the Connectivity Check, check perid 15, check timeout 3, check fail tolerance 3
    - set the trunk of the wan in Least Load First

simulating the lack of connection on the wan1 the wan 2 intervenes.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2019

@Filippo
    The failover detection of "Failover when interface failure" bases on connective check on interface. Therefore, for example, the connective check of Wan1 is down, the active role will transfer to passive device.
    However, if untick 
     "Failover when interface failure" and connective check fails, the Failover of HA-Pro will not process until Device Service Fails or Ethernet port link down(Physical).
    Can I know did you unplug the Ethernet cable to simulate the process of HA-Pro?
    Charlie

Security Highlight