Firmware No working/ending USG20W-VPN

Cromwell78
Cromwell78 Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi. Im having problems with  my firmware never finishing the upload just keeps saying pleas wait did for 1 hour twice i got frustrated and puled the plug and the firmware was uploaded but then i saw a message that i was using a special firmware 433ABAR0ITS-WK08-r87494 version not the original release and that i should get that so i did get the 433ABAR0C0 same thing happened 1hour or more never stoped uploading what to do ?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Cromwell78
    I'd like to confirm with you that the issue will occur when you updated the firmware from 433ABAR0ITS-WK08-r87494 to 433ABAR0C0?
    Also, to clarify this case, can you screenshot the alarm message? 
    Charlie
  • Cromwell78
    edited March 2019
    @Cromwell78
    I'd like to confirm with you that the issue will occur when you updated the firmware from 433ABAR0ITS-WK08-r87494 to 433ABAR0C0?
    Charlie
    Hi again well now i cant even connect to 192.168.1.1 But no i was on 
    4.31(ABAR.0)C0 if i remember correct

• Zyxel_Charlie
    @Cromwell78

There could be different root causes that you can’t connect to 192.168.1.1 and need to be further clarified to address to reason

1. Can you ping to the USG successfully when you can’t access to 192.168.1.1 GUI?
    2. The process of firmware update takes around 5 mins, can you try to refresh the browser and reconnect  the device GUI by using 192.168.1.1?
    3. Can you send me your 4.33 configuration file to me and we can help to check  what could be the possibility from your config file
    Charlie
  • Cromwell78
    edited March 2019
    @Cromwell78
    Charlie
    Hi again well now i cant even connect to 192.168.1.1

Cant attach the config but these 2 was possible hope its usefull cant ping my device weird & still cant connect 192.168.1.1
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @Cromwell78
    Regarding this case,
    Do you have the console cable(RS232)? so we can get what is device's Gateway IP address, and collect necessary information.
    Charlie
  • Cromwell78
    edited March 2019
    Sry for the late reply
    No console cable(RS232) 
    Now i can connnect to 192.168.1.1 but the weird thing is it will still not finish the firmware upload process til it say´s reboot but when i look it has instaled the firmware as you can see in the pic, but i cant get internet connection 
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    edited April 2019
    @Cromwell78
    After you updated firmware(around 5 mins), you may refresh the browser to access GUI.
    Regarding to the issue of internet connection,
    Can you double check the Wan setting firstly?
    Also, can you do the test and screenshot the picture to me? Go to Maintenance>Diagnostic>Network Tool>Select PING IPv4>Type 8.8.8.8 on Domain name> Press Test

Also, since you can access to device with 192.168.1.1, please private message configuration to me.
    Charlie

Security Highlight