[Alert] Network-Firewall-----AP Disconnect

All Replies

• danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @danyedinak and @Cobra
    i can also confirm such side effects with a USG60W.
    In my case the Mgmt-AP gets its IP address but not the CAPWAP configurtation by the CAPWAP group config.

Currently all attatched CAPWAP APs are offline (even a reset of the AP didn't work) and the location is working on the internal AP of the USG only.

Regards
    Christian
    @ChristianG were you also seeing the wireless clients presenting with either failures to connect, or (on iphones) with a prompt to re-enter the password which, when entered, was still rejected with an authentication failure until the router was rebooted?
  • ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @ChristianG were you also seeing the wireless clients presenting with either failures to connect, or (on iphones) with a prompt to re-enter the password which, when entered, was still rejected with an authentication failure until the router was rebooted?
    @d@danyedinak
    since yesterday evening all APs are running in managed mode.
    wireless clients are still connected, and in loadbalancing without any automaticaly or sporadic disconnection in my infrastructure right now.

I rather had the problem that the MACs are passed once in uppercase, then in lowercase (depending on the OS) and the AP does not accept the device (in my case with a video conferenz system). In this case I turned off the MAC auth and since then this SSID runs without problems.

We are useing primaly Android devivces in our company
    Notebooks are useing certificates and PKI for authentication at the Wireless LAN Controller.

Sorry, i cannot help with iOS experience with ZYXEL WLAN controllers :'(

Regards
    Chrstian
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    @danyedinak
    According this AP disconnect issue,
    I will send you the firmware via private message, please has a check.
    Charlie
  • iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Zyxel, Charlie, I'm having problems also at a client site post 4.32 1st patch. Is there a newer patch for USG40W?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @iSpeed
    I will send you the firmware via private message, please has a check.
    Charlie
  • iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks Charlie,  I applied it to 2 of my USG40W's and will let you know results after I check with client.  I hope when 4.33 comes out it's a lot more stable.
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
    @Zyxel_Emily 

Emily,

My Customer has experienced a WiFi connectivity issue on the USG60W again 3 separate times which has necessitated a reboot of the Device before the Wifi Client would connect. I also noticed that the USG60W quit sending the WiFi station logs for which I have it setup to send at the same time. It appeared as if only one of the two radios went down and the other radio was still Working, but I am not sure. I have attached the diagnostic file that I pulled before rebooting. Can you look at it and see if anything shows up. I also had a question as to whether I should upgrade the firmware to the formal release that was just put out of if I should keep running the test firmware that you sent me. Please let me know if you see anything----thanks------Donald

• Zyxel_Charlie
    @Cobra
    Can you update the patch firmware for Wifi issue. I already private message to you. Please has a check.
    Charlie
  • Tattoofreak
    Tattoofreak Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited April 2019
    @Cobra
    Can you update the patch firmware for Wifi issue. I already private message to you. Please has a check.
    Charlie
    I am having the same issue on USG20W-VPN. Could you please send me the patch too?

Edit:
    alert
    CAPWAP
    AP Disconnect. MAC:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX,Name:Local-AP,Reason:Idle in RUN State,Model:USG20W-VPN
    127.0.0.1:37280

• Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Tattoofreak
    Sent in private message

Security Highlight