Zywall 110 Content Filter

rookierunner
rookierunner Posts: 20  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
I have set up a content filter per the instructions but it doesn't appear to be scanning any traffic according to the stats page.  What could be causing the issue?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @rookierunner
    Can I know what exactly page or website you want to block?

Did you enable "HTTPS Domain Filter for HTTPS traffic" for blocking HTTPS website?

I’d like to check your configuration file on the USG/ZyWALL. I will send a private message to you.
    Charlie

• rookierunner
    I don't see any indication of pages being scanned.

I am less interested in blocking a specific site than I am about scanning for Security Threats.

Security policy enabled...

My impression of the service is that it would scan web pages for security threats like malware, etc. without blocking specific sites. I would expect to see the number of pages scanned in stats but it is only showing zeros. Something doesn't seem right or I am not understanding what this service is supposed to do.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    edited January 2019
    @rookierunner

You may enable safe search, Log all web page and have a look it again.

Moreover, you need to select which website you would like to scan on managed category.

Charlie
  • rookierunner
    A couple of questions....
    1. what does SafeSearch do?
    2. So the scan for Security Threat only occurs for the managed categories selected?  If so, why would the default behavior not be to scan all pages for security threats?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @rookierunner
    Regarding to this case,
    SafeSearch is a search engine that can automatically filter sexually explicit videos and images from the search result without overloading the Zyxel Device. 
    You can refer the help on USG.

For your second question,
    since each user have their preference of Net surfing, the whole categories are not checked by default. Users need  to manage the categories by their own. However, we have default profiles which is normal using for office, Retail....user can enable directly.
    Charlie
  • rookierunner
    I am still unsure about the Security Threat functionality within the Content Filter area.  Can you explain how this functionality works?
  • Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2019
    You can check description from device that these are the categories of web pages that are known to pose a security threat to users or their computers. As official website mentioned that the security threat is defined via zyxel's local cached database and cloud optimized URL database.

Security Highlight