USG 20W - WLAN and WPA2-ENT Configuration

sebas80
sebas80 Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi all,
I've just bought a second hand USG20W (not USG20W-VPN) basically to make some test for a VPN I need to create for a small office.
Anyhow it's the first time I approach to a ZyXEL and I honestly find it a little bit difficult to use if compared with other router, and the user manual is not so clear.
I was trying to learn its settings and I've run into the wlan configuration (not PSK) following the instruction reported into the manual but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I was setting the router with a WPA2-Enterprise security mode and "Auth Method" as Authentication type.
I create new user, installed the certificate on a pc client but I'm not able to login.

Could someone help me?

All Replies

• Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Did you select WPA2-Enterprise and use Smart card to do the authentication?
    I confirmed that currently the USG does not support it.
  • sebas80
    sebas80 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Jeremylin said:
    Did you select WPA2-Enterprise and use Smart card to do the authentication?
    I confirmed that currently the USG does not support it.

Hi Jeremylin,
    thank you for your answer. Actually no, I've selected PEAP authentication method as suggested on the manual but it reports also to use a certificate (even self-signed) and to install it within the trusted certificates on client pc. With this configuration, the login window pops up asking for user and pwd (I've already registered a new user in the router) but it doesn't connect anyway.
    I'm seriously getting crazy!

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @sebas80
    Regarding to this case,
    can I confirm the setting which you configured on USG, the radius type: Internal, Select 802.1X, Auth. Method is default.
    On PC side, select WPA2-Enterprise, PEAP. Can I know where did you import certificate exactly?
    Can you also private message the configuration to me? I will private message to you as well.
    Charlie

Security Highlight