Add Content filter Exception List

Swyft
Swyft Posts: 3  ZCNE Certified
First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

Anyone experience the below message when trying to add IP address to content filter exception list?
CLI Number: 13
Error Number: -43040
Error Message: 'Join member into address-object group has failed.'

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Swyft
    Can I know did you add the IP address to the group whose address type is FQDN or GEOGRAPHY?

The IP base(Host, subnet,range…), Geography and FQDN concurrent can not belong in the same Address group.

Charlie
  • Swyft
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2019

Thank you for your response. No i have not created any groups, I am just adding 1 IP address to the exception list for all browsing, I tried with setup as DHCP and if i add client MAC address, I've done multiple of these firewalls in the same way and its working fine, just this particular one

Regards
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @Swyft
    Regarding to this case,
    can you share more details of "I tried with setup as DHCP and if i add client MAC address"?~Do you mean the  MAC address on IP/MAC binding? and what's particular one of you mentioned?

Also, can you private message the configuration for check further?
    Charlie
  • Swyft

My apologies for the delay. So the DHCP is enabled and if you go into the setup you can include IP addresses to the exception list. Yes i do mean ip/mac binding. The particular one mention is the Zyxel USG 60 firewall. i have attached the screens i spoke about

Regards
  • Zyxel_Charlie

@Swyft
    I can move the batch of IP address to exception-list without any issue.

Can I know the exactly did you process?
    I would like to check your configuration, so please private message it for check further.
    Charlie

Security Highlight