USG20W-VPN: Problems establishing Wifi connection / spontaneous reboots

All Replies

• moonmoth
    moonmoth Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Hi , I have just installed the newest firmware (v4.33 (abar.0)) and the Wireless network is STILL dropping out after about 1.5 hours. I have been waiting 7 months for Zyxel to fix this issue ( the pre-release version of the firmware you provided me did not work). I have looked at some other posts and it seems that the wireless issue will not now be fixed until the end of this month. Is this correct ? 
    Moonmoth

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @moonmoth
    Yes, we will release the patch firmware which include the other wifi fixes by the end of Feb.
    Charlie
  • Hello we have the same firewall same Patch level. after a few days the wireless will stop working. under wireless it only says updating.......Once we reboot everything will work again for a little while.
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    @Zyxel_Charlie
    Feb. have expired, when can we expect the patch?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @viral_tech, @Wolfgang
    Sorry but the releasing date is postponed to tomorrow (March. 6th ) due to technical reason.
    Charlie
  • FunBizBun
    FunBizBun Posts: 7
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2019
    Hi everyone, has anyone ever deactivated all wireless functions and tried a separate AP instead?

I did this 4 months ago using a Zyxel Armor X1, and devices still get kicked off + having issues connecting and this leads me to believe its beyond the wireless features of the USG20W-VPN.

If anyone else can confirm this, it might be helpful in finding the real cause of the issue.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @FunBizBun
    I checked this case locally without any issue.
     My topology is:
    USG20WVPN-----Armor X1-------wireless Client
    Can you share more details about "devices still get kicked off + having issues "?
    Charlie

• @FunBizBun
    I checked this case locally without any issue.
     My topology is:
    USG20WVPN-----Armor X1-------wireless Client
    Can you share more details about "devices still get kicked off + having issues "?
    Charlie

Hi Charlie, 

How many months have you had your setup running for? I've got no problems having it work, it's just not working consistently and needs restarting every few days or so.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @FunBizBun
    It's unclear you mentioned "having issue", can you explain more details about it?
    Will this symptom happen periodically in short time? Can you private message your configuration to me and I can help to check on it. 
    Charlie
  • FunBizBun
    FunBizBun Posts: 7
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited March 2019
    @FunBizBun
    It's unclear you mentioned "having issue", can you explain more details about it?
    Will this symptom happen periodically in short time? Can you private message your configuration to me and I can help to check on it. 
    Charlie

Yes Charlie, the same issues we've all been experiencing with the USG20W-VPN dropping wireless connections + refusing to re-authenticate wireless clients (which are trying to re-establish wireless connections they had minutes before) is happening with a Armor X1 that is plugged into the USG20W-VPN Lan port.

Initially I thought that the Armor X1 may have been defective but I purchased a 2nd Armor X1 with results being the same.

Security Highlight