VPN Client licenses

blturner
blturner Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited April 2021 in Security
My VPN client just popped up that I have 8 days till my trial expires. I thought that VPN tunnels were part of the device not the client. I did not know that I was on a trial period.
Does this mean that all my clients are getting this popup as well? Do I have to manage a bunch of licenses for the dozen or so clients? Is this annual or one time?
I see add ons listed but I don't see part numbers. I Googled and found a 10 pack of Mac client licenses. Amazon did not list Secuextender as an item.
I am sure that I am asking questions that if I went and read long enough I could figure out, but this is really not jumping out at me.
Support is currently down for maintenance, and the support link just dumps you back out into a sea of knowledge base articles.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Dear @blturner
    Zyxel provides 2 types VPN clients.
    • IPSEC vpn client this one is licensed under the Greenbow and not for free. (just 30 days to try is free)
    • SSL VPN client SecuExtender
      Free for windows user,
      Licence required for MACOS user, so not for free (just 30 days to try is free)

• how do i buy the osx secuextender licence? been trying and not getting anywhere. 
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @tukutela
    You can go to Zyxel official website, and contact with our window which is related with your region.
    The contact information as below
    Where to buy
    Charlie
  • tukutela
    tukutela Posts: 2
    First Comment
    yep did that, called each vendor in australia and all have had issues obtaining the licence or didn't know anything about it. any other ideas?
  • nnadmin
    nnadmin Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    If you are in Australia, try contacting the local Zyxel office sales@zyxel.com.au

Security Highlight