[NEBULA] 2 Nebula AP 102s for a network?

2»

Comments

• Zyxel_Barney
    Zyxel_Barney Posts: 84  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

APs with Smart Mesh enabled will only attempt wireless uplink connection in repeater.
    There should be two reasons your AP would change from root to repeater:
      1. The AP's LAN port is disconnected (i.e. cabling issues).
      2. The AP is unable to reach the gateway after a few minutes (i.e. a connection issue in the inner network).

Once you are able to resolve your wired network, your AP should return to root.
    This behavior is intentional, allowing your wireless network redundancy in case of LAN failures.

Regards,
    Barney
  • flottmedia
    flottmedia Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Answer
    OK, that's also what we assumed, @Nebula_Barney, but - even in case there had been a outage of the LAN port - the AP never changed back to root by itself, only when turning of Smart Mesh. Assignment of the IPs including the gateway is done via DHCP for all devices and it was only one of the APs changing to wireless uplink, so I don't assume there was a not reachable gateway. Is this a behavior maybe an (already known) issue of the Beta?
  • Zyxel_Barney
    Hello @flottmedia

I think we need to review your AP's event logs. 
    Were there any events related to port up/down near the time this AP changed to repeater?

Regards,
    Barney
  • flottmedia
    flottmedia Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Answer
    Thanks for the replay, @Nebula_Barney, there had indeed been a port down on that ap, but after the port had come up again, the AP stayed in repeater mode and never changed back by itself to root / normal infrastructure mode. It don't think that's the way Smart Mesh is ment to be, is it?

• Zyxel_Barney
    Hi @flottmedia

This will require further investigation. Kindly check your inbox  so we can continue discussions through private mail.

Regards,
    Barney Gregorio
  • Zyxel_Barney
    Hi @flottmedia

As discuss in PM, issue was already resolved by restarting the APs before we can investigate the issue.

Should similar issues re-occur, please:

1. Upgrade to the latest AP firmware as we have made improvements on the smart mesh feature. 
    2. Verify that the AP can reach the local gateway and vice-versa

Regards,
    Barney Gregorio

Nebula Tips & Tricks