USG60W - no DHCP on WiFi after firmware upgrade

Options
Steve84
Steve84 Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi, i've update my USG60W from 4.20 to 4.33 but now my wifi devices don't get IP adress any more. All wired desktops are working normaly

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @Steve84
    Regarding to this case,
    I tested the wifi with firmware v4.33 without any issue.

Since you updated the firmware 4.20->4.33, it is a 4 major versions jump, in this case we will suggest users to upgrade from 4.20-> 4.25->4.30->4.31->4.33 or it may have some unexpected result.
    Charlie
  • Steve84
    Options
    OK, so can you give me a link to download old firmwares, my zyxel allow me to download 4.31,3.32 or 4.33 only. Thank you 
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options
    Hallo,
    i am not sure if every "administrator" of a USG is aware that 4.25 and 4.30 are "major versions".

Maybe it should be indicated more clearly in the Release notes or the Firmware upgrade page what are major version upgrades and how to do it correctly.
    Thx
    Wolfgang
  • iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Steve84, If the config is not too complex I would probably document and then hit the reset button with 4.33 installed and then reprogram. Charlie what do you think?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @Wolfgang
    Normally we will suggest users to upgrade their firmware version by version to avoid any unexpected result. However, we can also put the upgrading version suggestion in our formal release note in the future release.

@iSpeed
    I agree with you and actually this is what we just suggested Steve84.
    Charlie
  • Steve84
    Options
    Thank you for your answers, I'll reset my USG
  • Steve84
    Options
    Hi, news for my problem. I tried to downgrade to firmware 4.31 end then the USG asked me if i wanted to upgrade to the last firmware. Before to reset it, i said yes… and all works nicely again !
    Mysteries of firmware upgrades B)

Security Highlight