USG40W Local-AP going offline

2»

All Replies

• iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the update Emily. I'll try it on one of my sites.
  • danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Does the 4.33 (and the beta) fix the problem with the firmware failing to apply the running-config on the next reboot after the firmware update?
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello @danyedinak
    For clarify the steps you process, did you updated the firmware first and then uploaded original configuration back. Device display that apply configuration fail?
    If yes, I want to know what Firmware version did you update from... to ..?
    Charlie
  • danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hello @danyedinak
    For clarify the steps you process, did you updated the firmware first and then uploaded original configuration back. Device display that apply configuration fail?
    If yes, I want to know what Firmware version did you update from... to ..?
    Charlie
    These were all USG40W systems that had been recently been configured for Static WAN IP addresses. Then, some weeks later, the 4.32 update was applied. In all three cases, the systems had been up and running since the change to static IP addresses and not rebooted. When the 4.32 update was applied, the wan interface had reverted to dynamic, AND the password recent changes were lost. There were no messages in the logs that indicated a failure to apply a configuration file, and changes were also made to the types of logs being recorded to the USB drive.
    So, on a 4th unit, which was being changed from DHCP to PPPoE, I tried a reboot before applying the 4.32 update, and it still didn't capture the changes to the WAN interface, or the passwords. I'm not sure what configuration it had fallen back to, but, frustratingly, between firmware updates, the specifically saved .conf file disappeared from the list of available choices (in the web GUI) until I rolled back to the previous version. At that point, I was able to see and download the .conf file, re-apply firmware update, then re-upload and apply the .conf file. (Since I was performing this particular update onsite, using customer provided computers, I did not have quick access to a ftp client to confirm whether the .conf files were in the /conf directory still, but just not visible in the GUI).
    The firmware revisions being updated from ranged everywhere from 4.25 all the way up to 4.31.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

@danyedinak
    I would like to know that did you upgrade the firmware on particular firmware partition?
    if yes, as our design, each partition has their own configuration.
    The normal behavior of firmware update is after upgraded, USG will only backup a configuration on configuration file filed to avoid configuration incompatible happened.
    For example,  the configurations you modified are belonging into first firmware partition, so after firmware updated, the configuration will be different because the configuration you checked are second(Standby) firmware partition. Also the configuration list will be different after you did firmware upgrade(because originally, the configurations are belonging into first firmware partition).
    Charlie

Security Highlight