USG20W-VPN: Problems establishing Wifi connection / spontaneous reboots

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @User1,

We fix the Wi-Fi stuck issue without re-start local AP on Nov. 30th.
    The fix will be merged to the firmware in Jan. 2019. We will send you the firmware via private message when the firmware is ready.
  • Gerjan
    Gerjan Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Today updated towards V4.32(ABAR.0)ITS-WK48-r86397 version. Still I get a 802.11a connection only when I set the "802.11 Band" towards 11ac. When switching towards b/g or b/g/n it will move over but when switching towards 11ac it will not pick this up. This was also the case with the older v4.32 version….. hoped this was fixed
    Noe: Tested with a Samsung s7 and a Surface book2
  • User1
    User1 Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi Emily,

this will be highly appreciated, I look forward on seeing this issue being fixed. This is otherwise a great product but being let down by all the bugs.

BR.
  • Quality_Drive_Away
    Quality_Drive_Away Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    edited January 2019
    So now ZyXEL is deleting my posts?? Really?

Here it is again....

Lets not forget the Guest WiFi bug v4.31/4.32... Where you set the Guest wifi to Always On / Schedule 0:00 for all days and after a router reboot it defaults back to "Time Left: 4:00". So annoying! Also be warned that once you use the "special" firmware to update, your configuration will be corrupted. (-BAD tagged on the end of it); at least this is what happens in our lab on several routers consistently as well as a production router that I had to stay late and redo after being told it would not corrupt my config. Sooooo plan on redoing your configs until ZyXEL gets this right. (not even a backup config will help you!)
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

@Qullity_Drive_Away
    We will not delete any post in this Forum unless the content includes the copyright material/spam/flooding/defamatory/false/threatening/ or any in violation of the law. 
    In your case, your post was categorized as spam by the system and in spam queue to be moderated. We will release it when it's confirmed not a spam. 

For this case, I can confirm the issue of guest wifi, and will let you know if issue is solved.

For apply configuration failed, I need you share steps which may cause this issue occur. Also,  please private message your configuration for our analysis. 

Charlie

• addt1
    addt1 Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi Zyxel, would you be able to dm me the latest firmware with the wifi fix  pls ?
  • Quality_Drive_Away

@Qullity_Drive_Away
    We will not delete any post in this Forum unless the content includes the copyright material/spam/flooding/defamatory/false/threatening/ or any in violation of the law. 
    In your case, your post was categorized as spam by the system and in spam queue to be moderated. We will release it when it's confirmed not a spam. 

For this case, I can confirm the issue of guest wifi, and will let you know if issue is solved.

For apply configuration failed, I need you share steps which may cause this issue occur. Also,  please private message your configuration for our analysis. 

Charlie

To duplicate the issue:
    1. Switch to easy mode and set the Guest WiFi to Always.
    2. Verify Setting Guest WiFi: Time Left = Always ON
    3. Reboot Router.
    4. Verify setting Guest WiFi: Time Left = 04:00

To work around the issue I go through Expert settings / SSID / Guest / Schedule 00:00 > 23:45 for all days.

• Quality_Drive_Away

@Qullity_Drive_Away

Charlie

To duplicate the issue:
    1. Switch to easy mode and set the Guest WiFi to Always.
    2. Verify Setting Guest WiFi: Time Left = Always ON
    3. Reboot Router.
    4. Verify setting Guest WiFi: Time Left = 04:00

To work around the issue I go through Expert settings / SSID / Guest / Schedule 00:00 > 23:45 for all days.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Quality_Drive_Away
    I can confirm the issue of guest wifi, and the solution will be included in next firmware release.

@addt1
    The wifi issues will be merged to the firmware in the middle of Jan. We will list each issue of wifi, and share the solution on this thread.
    Charlie
  • Quality_Drive_Away
    edited January 2019
    @Quality_Drive_Away
    I can confirm the issue of guest wifi, and the solution will be included in next firmware release.
    I worked with support on this and found that it is just a visual bug. It does not disable the Guest WiFi, nor does the timer 04:00 count down.

Security Highlight