Usg100 2 internet connections Nat and policies

MarcoMaroso
MarcoMaroso Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,
I have 2 internet connections each with its own modem/router.

Both of these are connected to my firewall and I need to access services behind my firewall from both of them.

Actually I can access my services behind the firewall only from one of the 2 connections but I need this working also from the second.

I was monitoring the policies behavior lookklo at the logs and filtering connections by ip...and I see that requests from connection1 and those from connection2 match the rules and get Forwared ...but those from connection2 won't work...they are granted access matching the rules but for some strange reason they don't get me to the service.

This is so weerd!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @MarcoMaroso,

To access services from both internet connections, create two NAT rules as follows.

In this example, wan1 and wan2_ppp are configured on USG 100.

After NAT rules are created, go to Firewall to add a rule for accessing the server and service in LAN1.

If you use customized trunk instead of the default wan trunk, make sure the wan interfaces for NAT rules are added to this trunk.

For example, wan1 and wan2_ppp are used for NAT rules, you need to add the interface wan1 and wan2_ppp to this customized trunk.

If you add wan2 instead of wan2_ppp, it is not working.

Security Highlight