[NEBULA] Firewall rules?

roy
roy Posts: 19  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
The device of NSG50, comparing to zyxel firewalls such as USG20-VPN, this one seemed equipped far simple function. 

When I got this new one, I was so excited to install and set it. I was connected the the NCC platform, it was my curiosity that was it all the function? The firewall rule it provided was so simple, no flexibility and sometimes not function normally.

I was tried to convince myself that maybe I am not familiar its function, but I couldn't find the setting  I needed it. 

Is it because this one just offered the basic function?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• roy
    Thank you very much for your help!

Are you having a plan to make source/destination host/group address as alias names adding somewhere in NCC, so we can clearly set in the firewall rule? IP address is very hard to remember....
  • roy
    Hello~

Besides making the source/destination host/group addresses as alias/nickname, if it can have a check box to disable or enable the rule would be perfect!
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @roy
    Do you mean the address/group object when you mentioned about the (source/destination host/group addresses as alias/nickname)?
    BTW, about the checkbox, it is already in our roadmap, believe it will be implemented, in the nearly future!!
    Chris
  • roy
    Yes, address/group object is what I meant. It is great it is on the way. I am looking forward the new system coming soon.

Thank you for the attention!

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @roy
    Got it, currently it is not in our roadmap, yet.
    However, I will move this request to our ideas section, thanks for your suggestion.
    Everyone who think this feature is required, please click like in below!!

Chris
  • Alfr
    Alfr Posts: 2
    Adding to this, please add this! price wise, the NSG 100-200 is almost the same as your USG/competion firewalls, and it is lacking options that makes me ask the following: Will this customer need more advance options, if unsure, buy Cyberoam/sophos or USG series. 
    Nebula is way too good to good of an idea just to be dumped down the road, because options are not added.
  • Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Alfr
    Thanks for the suggestion! As mentioned by Chris, we strive for an easy of use keeping in mind Nebula customer targets. We are gradually adding some of the advanced features but most likely from another approach that will make it less complicated to use :)

Nebula Tips & Tricks