Broadcast (storm) Problem WAC5302D-S

Options
Bonesai
Bonesai Posts: 5
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello guys,

were using an NXC5500 with multiple Zyxel APs in an enterprise enviroment. Only the WAC5302DS APs get stuck random. The only maybe problematic thing i can diagnostic is that on any WACs RX side are big Values of broadcast pakets while all the other non WAC aps are stable and have very low BC rates. How could this be in a single VLAN ??? i got no idea :anguished:  

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Bonesai
    Options

-Maybe just tell me what i should do could also provide LOGs etc.

-Yes, its providing WiFi Service but the WiFi clients cant access any networks service anymore ( internet, servers even a ping want work), THE AP is reachable from Ethernet Side, reboot or replug is solving the problem for some time. I try some paket monitoring to find out more about the packet type.
    Its not location depending but definitely AP Type based. I unplug the WAC and Connect an NWA - problem is gone ! I attached an Info screen for example, 1st picure is NWA5301NJ Bcast, 2nd WAC
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Bonesai

I have sent you a DF of NXC5500 via private message since we met a similar issue before. Please help to upgrade it and let me know if it resolves your problem. If not, please collect the diagnostic of the AP and provide us to analyze.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Bonesai
    Options
    Hi Joslyn

The FW didnt solve the Problem. I will now look to collect and provide the APs diag file.

best regards