GS1200-8 VLAN Issue

parallon
parallon Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hello all.  I recently purchased a GS122-8 Managed Switch and a TP-Link AP300 in search of a way to segregate my network with VLANs.  So, I previously I had a Linksys WRT3200ACM wireless router working fine as it was, but I waned to keep my security cameras separate from the rest of my network.  What I did was add the AP300 and a ZyXEL GS122 Managed Switch.  I can get everything working, at least talk to each other, when I have the AP300 in Access Point mode and on 1 VLAN.  Once I change it to Multi-SSID mode, I can't seem to get things to work.  I have my Router as the DHCP server, put my AP300 and my switch on a static IP, and have all my Default Gateways pointed to my router.  As for my router, I left everything the same, and just shut off the radio.

On the switch, I set up 1 VLAN with all ports untagged, and everything talks (with the AP300 in Access Point mode).  When I create a second VLAN while the AP300 is in multi-SSID mode, I put the port going to the router as VLAN 1 and VLAN 2 and Untagged, I have the second port going to the AP300 as VLAN 1 and2 Tagged, and ports 3-7 untagged on VLAN 1 with Port 8 Untagged on VLAN 2.

Anyone have any idea if I have anything set incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

All Replies

• xerox
    xerox Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Can you provide more detail information about your problem?
    1. What is the model name of ZYXEL product? GS122-8?? GS1200-8??
    2. What is the firmware version of your ZYXEL product?
    3. Is possible to explain what kind of the problem you encountered?
  • xerox
    xerox Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited April 2019
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/GS1200-8/firmware/GS1200-8_V1.00(ABME.4)C0.zip

GS1200-8 has new firmware version V1.00(ABME.4)C0, it has fixed some VLAN issue.
    You can try the latest FW to verify your problem. ;)