PPPoE fails after changing from ASDSL to VDSL (incl. modem) with Deitsche Telekom

Options
datahardy
datahardy Posts: 4
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Our USG40W worked fine until we changed modem from ADSL to VDSL with Zyxel Speedlink 5501 configured as modem. We can't esablish connection - I even see no traffic according to dialout or pppoe negotiating. Where ist the difference to adsl-modem.

Best Answers

All Replies

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    can you pm me your number i will call you then

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

datahardy,

in Germany there are some reseller for DTAG ISP credentials. i had the Feature, the username required a different character, that is for the type of VDSL in the string required to get connected.

:s  in my case i had to add "H" for the 1st character in the username to get connected trough VDSL.

Regards
    Christian

• datahardy
    datahardy Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Christian,

thanks for your thoughts. Since I just changed from a sinple ADSL modem  to Speedlink5501 as VDSL modem with the same ISP and credentials, I don't believe that thas is the reason.

Regards
    Hartmut

• datahardy
    Options
    Thanks, Mark, for your interesting hint. Might solve the problem. I have to leave confirmation to others since I decided to configure the 5501 as router with the USG40 as DMZ. Besides to the as reserved remarked TCP Port I had to omit UDP 10000. All other ports and GRE are passed to the DMZ. Not what I had in mind (another wrangling with the traffic) but it works.

Security Highlight