Zyxel NXC-5200 Flash full

WouterVH
WouterVH Posts: 3
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN

Hi,

I took over a Zyxel NXC-5200 controller from a client his ex partner. I have 2 issues:

1) Flash is full, so I reboot and lose all my chances :(

2) I can connect to my new 2016 AD domain and can read user Attr, but when I configure an SSID with that profile he says that he cannot connect to that network. I followed the white papers and know KB about NETBIOS etc etc

Any ideas to solve those 2 problems, I know the controller is end of life...

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Hi @WouterVH

1. Normally, Reboot will reduce the memory usage, not clean the Flash, unless there is something wrong during the reboot period. Did you mean all configurations lost in the device? And you saw the Flash(not memory) is full?

2. If you can use Configuration validation in AAA server and get successful result, It seems the connection between the NXC and your AD server.
    However, need your confirmation if the following actions have been done or not.
    Step 1. Go to CONFIGURATION > Object > Auth. Method. Select to the default method, and click Edit. Select the AD server you create. Click OK.

Step 2. Go to CONFIGURATION > System > Date/Time and check Current Time and Date. The date and time must be the same as the date and time of the AD server. If it‟s different, you can select the correct time zone in Time Zone Setting.

Step 3. Go to CONFIGURATION > System > DNS for setting domain zone information. In Domain Zone Forwarder, click Add to add a new domain zone. Enter the Domain Zone and Public DNS Server which is the AD server‟s IP.(Please fill in your own information.)

By the way, could you share with us what the "white papers" is?
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Joslyn,

Thanks for the reply.

1) I see in the config page of the NXC, flash memory full, what I can see in SSH is that there are more then one DB files +350MB, there have been issues with this controller indeed. At the moment we don't want to restart it because of the possibility we lose our config again. I want to be sure to have enough space. I read somewhere that when you reboot the NXC writes all the changes to the flash, if you don't have any space left he discards them...

2) What you write about the AD connection, is what I got from the "white paper" which is actually the manual I found online. Is it possible that it is related to our server 2016 which we now use instead of a linux based AD server?
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @WouterVH

1) Did you mean the Flash usage is full?Or the Memory usage?

If it is Flash usage, could you send me the SSH of your device via private message?
    We will analyze which file occupied most of the usage.
    If the file can be deleted, we will help to delete it.
    You can save your configuration as "startup-config.conf" in advance.

2) We support Windows AD server. Could you let me know if the username in your AD server could pass the validation?

If yes, did you follow the steps that I provided in previous reply?
    If no, please ensure the server setting in the Active Directory is correct.
    The username of the Server Authentication should be administrator to access the AD server.

Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Joslyn, sorry for the late answer but was on holidays and a bit busy :)

If you can give us your public IP, I can open the device for you through SSH.

The AD connection works perfectly in the config, we can lookup a user and he gives us all the information about that user. When we try to connect a laptop with the wifi with any user he says that the connection failed. We tried with domain, without domain, user@domain nothing works...
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @WouterVH

I have sent you a private message about my public IP address. Please help to add a SSH rule for me. I will also help to check the configuration on NXC5200. Could you help to provide me a test user which is from the AD server? So I can realize the information with the setting.
    Thanks.

Joslyn