SSL PROBLEM WITH ZYXEL LOGIN PAGE

Options
Gabe
Gabe Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi I have installed a ZYXEL SP-300E printer to generate username and password for my costumers to filter access on my network. If they have an iPhone automatically the login page appear but with android is a complete disaster: especially with chrome (but also with other browsers) tapping the default 1.1.1.1/log to force the login page gives everytime an ssl error like this
https://www.google.it/search?biw=1440&bih=749&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=_z9OW8eFFcvUwAKak4jYAw&q=ssl+error+chrome+android&oq=ssl+error+chrome+android&gs_l=img.3...21895.24165.0.24330.10.10.0.0.0.0.240.1077.0j4j2.6.0....0...1c.1.64.img..4.1.139...0i30k1j0i8i30k1.0.Ih0Qb-8pBCo#imgrc=vTQAbSbe53p9_M:
Is not the unsecure page that you can usually skip, seems like browsers forces https but the login page doesn't have an ssl certificate so it gives error. Googling seems like the only solution is (tell me if I'm wrong) to install this holy ssl certificate but I don't know how to do it in this particular product  (ZYXEL SP-300E).
Thanks all for the support. Have a nice day

All Replies

• Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Which device is used to control your SP-300E?
  • CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @Gabe and @Blabababa

SP-300E seems only able controled by N4100.

So this questino is the same as  Problems with SSL certificate on welcome page

• Gabe
    Gabe Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Exactly so the only way is to create an SSL on a local IP range? Can I simply change this default 1.1.1.1 with something else on the router?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,367  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

The default IP 1.1.1.1 is not configurable on device.
    The only way is importing certificates into device.

Security Highlight