USG60W Wifi problem

Options
Zeezee
Zeezee Posts: 4  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi All,
Our USG60W started logging Wireless LAN Alert stating: "Wifi watchdog cannot detect 2.4G/5G card!".
Currently we are not using the Wifi of the USG60W. Wifi had to be "turned off" after the latest firmware update, because 2.4GHz band stopped working. We are able to use 5GHz Wifi only. Wifi alwasy goes to 5GHz regardless the radio settings. Ideally we would use Wifi (if both bands were available).
Is this a hardware issue? Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Zeezee
    if you are disableing the internal WLAN, what model of ZYXEL managed-AP are you using?
    i've a USG60W with the latest WK Firmware and no issues and I have the internal and the managed APs (3560N and 5560N -> external) in a AP group successful in production.

Have you raised a ticket by ZYXEL in your country to test and isolate the error ?

Regards
    Christian
  • CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Zeezee

I have met it before. But it seems not happening again after I reboot device.
    Does your symptom happening every time?
  • Zeezee
    Options
    Hi @Zeezee
    if you are disableing the internal WLAN, what model of ZYXEL managed-AP are you using?
    i've a USG60W with the latest WK Firmware and no issues and I have the internal and the managed APs (3560N and 5560N -> external) in a AP group successful in production.

Have you raised a ticket by ZYXEL in your country to test and isolate the error ?

Regards
    Christian
    Hi Christian,
    We use no AP at the moment. We used the internal (only). I try to resolve this issue before raising a ticket - but I will.
  • Zeezee
    Options
    CHS said:
    Hi @Zeezee

I have met it before. But it seems not happening again after I reboot device.
    Does your symptom happening every time?
    Hi CHS,
    Reboot does not affect the symptom. I also tried to modify the country code in configuration for testing purposes (to US), but made no difference (tried other i.e. CH, etc.). Only 5G Wifi worked, even setting manually a 2.4Ghz radio (It went up to 5GHz ch 36 and no Wifi on 2.4GHz). That's why turned off the Wifi. But log always appears - regardless the Wifi is on or off.
  • Zeezee
    Options
    As you mentioned that the symptom was gone after re-uploading 4.31 firmware, something might go wrong in previous firmware uploading process. Glad to hear that this issue was solved now. 

Now we upgraded to 4.32(AAKZ.0) - Wifi is stable and operational. Thanks for your help.

Security Highlight