[NEBULA] NSW 802.1x with Cloud authentication

Kiattikorn
Kiattikorn Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Dear Support,

We have design switch solution with 802.1x and Guest VLAN to provide permission to access wire network.
I'm using NSW100 to enable 802.1x and Guest VLAN then add user account on Nebula Cloud Authentication.
But, after try to login with cloud user on Windows 10 can't access to network just only get Guest VLAN IP please find  event log in attached.
In this case we don't have RADIUS in this network we will use cloud authentication instead.
for my question is. does the cloud user database can work with 802.1x on NSW device?

Thank you.
Max

Comments

• Zyxel_Barney
    Zyxel_Barney Posts: 84  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @kiattikorn

Sorry for the late response!

Unfortunately, the NSW's 802.1x port authentication feature does not refer to our Nebula Authentication Server. You will need to use your own private or public RADIUS server for port authentication.

The RADIUS server settings are found under SWITCH > Configure > Switch configuration > Authentication servers.

If necessary, we can add this into the ideas forum section to influence the odds of adding this into future updates.

Best regards,
    Barney Gregorio

• Kiattikorn
    Kiattikorn Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi Barney,

Sure, this solution very helpful when we propose with startup company that they haven't use RADIUS.
    Please help to keep this into ideas forum.

Thank you.
    Max
  • Alfonso
    Alfonso Posts: 257  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @kiattikorn

There are several companies which offer "Radius as a Service".

Please send to me a private message if you are interested.

Regards 

Nebula Tips & Tricks