[NEBULA] testing AP speed

WebberIT
WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi everyone , I have another question,
I'm in my office testing the throughput speed of NAP, but somehow I couldn't get a decent speed as you've advertised, networking is kind of new to me, is there anyone who can help??

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Charming
    Zyxel_Charming Posts: 25  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi WebberIT,

In general, the factors to lead the low throughput might be wireless interference or connectivity problem of the wired network.
    So, check your AP's link status first to make sure your wired connection speed is in 1000Mbps.
    If it's no problem with the wired connection, then enable DCS (Dynamic Channel Selection) to allow your AP choose a less congested channel which can avoid the wireless interference.

Here's a guide for Link-Speed Trouble Shooting:
    Wireless linkspeeds/throughput are low on NAP

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charming
    Zyxel_Charming Posts: 25  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi WebberIT,

In general, the factors to lead the low throughput might be wireless interference or connectivity problem of the wired network.
    So, check your AP's link status first to make sure your wired connection speed is in 1000Mbps.
    If it's no problem with the wired connection, then enable DCS (Dynamic Channel Selection) to allow your AP choose a less congested channel which can avoid the wireless interference.

Here's a guide for Link-Speed Trouble Shooting:
    Wireless linkspeeds/throughput are low on NAP
  • WebberIT
    Thanks! I'll try it out first
  • WebberIT
    @Nebula_Charming
    I found the problem, there are people in my office also testing throughput at the same time, I also see DCS change the channel in the eventlogs. This is useful information, thanks alot!
  • newtype
    newtype Posts: 29  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary SurveyFeedback-2022-Mar Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
    It really took me some time to find out why my NAP102 was capped below 100Mbps. thanks for the tip !

Nebula Tips & Tricks