ZyXEL NBG4604 - changing System Operation Mode to Access Point

MatthewFenn
MatthewFenn Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I have a ZyXEL NBG4604 that I am trying to configure as an Access Point...   I've looked at the manual and it suggests that, via the web interface, I should be able to toggle between Router mode and Access Point mode from the Sys Op Mode section...

But when I go there, the Access Point option is grey out and I can't select it.

I've tried multiple hard resets of the router and changing various other settings to try to enable it so I can select it, but so far, no joy.

Help from anyone on this would be appreciated!

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @MatthewFenn

Could you provide your NBG4604 firmware version?
    Do you use “admin” account to access web interface? Please try to use “supervisor” account to modify as AP mode.

Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Apologies for the long delayed response to this.   The use of a supervisor account was what I needed.   First I'd heard that there was a supervisor account!   In the Account management part, there is no mention of it - now all I need is a way to change the default password on the supervisor account - as it is otherwise a bit of a security hole!
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @MatthewFenn

The default password of supervisor is supervisor, if it can't login your NBG4604, the password might be modified by your ISP. Please contact your ISP to check it. 

Thanks.

Joslyn