NWA1123-NI 404 Not Found Error after factory default

tecsol
tecsol Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I recently factory defaulted my NWA1123-NI AP using the reset button on the bottom of the device. i can see the AP has gone back to its default 192.168.1.2 however when i try to web brose to the AP the page says 404 Not Found. File Not Found.

I have used the ZAC utility software which finds the AP but cannot configure the device. The error says File transferring failed.

The light on the AP is a solid green colour.

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @tecsol

Could you share with us how you knew the IP address was back to default? Did you see it via console or other tools?
    Since the AP cannot be reached now, would you like to do firmware recovery for the AP?
    Here is the KB.
    http://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=014292&lang=EN
    Please let me know if it helps.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Hi
    I have a similar problem.
    I have done reset using the red button on the NWA but cannot now connect via 192.168.1.2
    I am not sure I can follow the instructions in the KB you provided.
    e.g. 1. Download the TFTP tool and run it on the laptop. - What is the TFTP tool and where from?

Are there any other options to explore?

Thank you,
    Paul
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @paullove

TFTP is a free tool to download. Here is the link.
    TFTP:
    http://www.tftp-server.com/tftp-download.html
    Firmware: 
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/DownloadLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kbid=M-01126&md=NWA1121-NI#
    Please let me if it helps.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Hi Joslyn
    I have downloaded the TFTP server but go no futher.

Please provide more informsiton for Step 2 - specifically how to
    "Configure a static IP address on the laptop's NIC card. The IP address is 192.168.1.222 and Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0."

Steps 4,5 & 6:
    I have downloaded a firmware file for MWA1123-NI but can only fine a file called V211AAEO0C0.bin
    This does not appear to be a zip file and I cannot find the files 
    "mi124_f1e-jffs2"," vmlinux_mi124_f1e.lzma.uImage" 

Step 7
    Assuming I can get this far
    How do I "Connect to NWA1121-NI through a serial port. Setup the serial port for the baud rate 115200, data 8 bit, parity none and stop 1 bit."
    I assumed the NWA1123-NI was connected via a RJ45 Ethernet port.

Please help!
    Paul
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    edited August 2018
    Hi @paullove

Could you confirm if you could ping to NWA1123-NI? If yes, could you try to upload the firmware?
    Step 1. Configure your PC as static IP as 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0.(it is in the same subnet with the AP.). Then, connect your cable to AP.
    Here is the SOP to let you know how to configure static IP address on your PC.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15089/windows-change-tcp-ip-settings
    1. Select Start , then select Settings  > Network & Internet  >Ethernet >Change adapter options. 
    2. Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then select Properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then select Properties.
    4. To specify IPv4 IP address settings, do one of the following:
        To specify an IP address, select Use the following IP address, and then, in the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway boxes, type the IP address settings.
    IP Address: 192.168.1.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway and DNS server can be empty.

(The content is only for example.)

Step 2. Use FTP to upload the firmware to the NWA1123-NI.

After that, if you still cannot reach the GUI, would you like to send the device back to RMA? 
    Here is the ZYXEL worldwide support information. Please choose your area and contact with them.
    https://www.zyxel.com/about_zyxel/zyxel_worldwide.shtml
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • tom75
    tom75 Posts: 1
    paullove said:
    Hi Joslyn
    I have downloaded the TFTP server but go no futher.

Please provide more informsiton for Step 2 - specifically how to
    "Configure a static IP address on the laptop's NIC card. The IP address is 192.168.1.222 and Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0."

Steps 4,5 & 6:
    I have downloaded a firmware file for MWA1123-NI but can only fine a file called V211AAEO0C0.bin
    This does not appear to be a zip file and I cannot find the files 
    "mi124_f1e-jffs2"," vmlinux_mi124_f1e.lzma.uImage" 

Step 7
    Assuming I can get this far
    How do I "Connect to NWA1121-NI through a serial port. Setup the serial port for the baud rate 115200, data 8 bit, parity none and stop 1 bit."
    I assumed the NWA1123-NI was connected via a RJ45 Ethernet port.

Please help!
    Paul
    My answer is late, but perhaps my supplement will help others

I did it according to the attached instructions.

https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=014292&lang=EN

When unzipping the bin, I renamed the unzipped version with the extension zip and unzipped it again. The instructions say you have to unzip twice. In my case it was three times. only then did I see the two files.
    (Question to "Steps 4,5 & 6:")

Step 7: I had to open the device and connect it serially. There is a small pin strip inside with 4 contacts. Pin 1 has a small dot in front of it.  Pin1= VCC // Pin2 = TX // Pin3 = RX // Pin4 = GND.

When booting (terminal Programm), you have to press a button in the terminal relatively quickly, otherwise the system will run through the normal login. If you see the busybox login you have been too slow

Correct is when "ar7240>" is displayed. The second entry ">setenv ipaddr (AP IP address)" in the instructions is incorrect. It should be ">setenv serverip (AP IP address)". You can also see this in the picture below.
    If the two files are now in the TFPP directory of your PC, the firmware is updated  with the commands from 11/12/13.

That's how it worked for me. Of course, I can't guarantee that it's exactly the same for you.

Regards tom75

Thanks to Zyxel for publishing the instructions, otherwise my relatively old device would be ready for the scrap heap.