USG-50 Limiting our bandwidth, why?

Options

Comments

• BoudahXL
    BoudahXL Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Options
    PeterUK said:

The USG 40 maybe listed as 400Mb but under given test conditions with TCP and without Anti-Virus, IDP, or Content filter you should get about 200Mb

Thanks, I'm still 25-30mb/s short of that, what would be the right appliance then, do they have a model that would be able to offer 250-300mb/s with some services? Seems like I'm going to have to return this box now :(
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,723  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2018
    Options

The ZyWALL110 will easily do 300Mb for TCP without Anti-Virus, IDP, or Content filter

Have you tried with ADP disabled under Security policy?

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2018
    Options
    And a USG60W serve about 86% troughput of a 50MBit Line (about 43 MBit), and had the full Layer7 licenese enabled and in production.

One side effekt in performance are written down by a User in the following post

Regards
    Christian
  • BoudahXL
    First Comment
    Options
    And a USG60W serve about 86% troughput of a 50MBit Line (about 43 MBit), and had the full Layer7 licenese enabled and in production.

One side effekt in performance are written down by a User in the following post

Regards
    Christian
    Thanks Christian!!!

Ok I disabled everything and even more on this device even narrowed everything to one subnet de-activated everything, turned the damn thing into a router lol

Turned off the logs, the services, tested with DMZ also, nothing can go fater than 170-180mb/s, unless Zyxel support answer this forum before the end of the week we are going to return the unit and look somewhere else.
  • BoudahXL
    First Comment
    Options
    With everything off. 171mb/s 9ms closest hop

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7315827226.png
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @BoudahXL,
    Can you send me your latest configuration file via private message.  let me run the performance test with your configuration file applying.

• BoudahXL
    First Comment
    Options
    Hello Cooldia, config sent! BTW we reset-default twice the unit with blank config twice just to be sure tested Easy/Expert configs too.
  • BoudahXL
    First Comment
    Options
    I'm sorry the issue has been resolved we have moved to a new platform, like I said last week if the issue was not resolved before the end of week we would move on to another vendor. Which we did. And the performance is on par with specs unlike the Zyxel product.
  • FM823
    FM823 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi.  I came across this thread, as I am currently having the same issue with a USG40.  I too have a few more days to figure this out before I return the unit.  Has anyone come up with a fix as to why these units are taken such a performance hit?  I have a 200mb connection and I'm only getting 70mb!! I'm sorry this is not acceptable.   Thanks for any assistance. 
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @ FM823
    Can I know did you enable any UTM feature?
    What firmware version are you using?

Security Highlight