How do you think about APs of Nebula need to be able to set Web Proxy using on Enterprise env?

Options
SYK
SYK Posts: 32  Freshman Member
First Comment Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi, everyone! I'm Yasuto Kaneko from Japan. This is my first time of writing down on this com.

I think APs of Nebula needs a function to be able to set Web Proxy from Enterprise environment to Inet.
Because Enterprise envs usually sets (Web) Proxy Servers on their sysytems, so APs are not able to set Web Proxy, APs must not access to Inet. If Firewall is not to allow a access from AP to Inet, then APs are not in usefull.

How do you about ?

Comments

• Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi Yasuto_Kaneko , Welcome to our forum!
    Thanks for your feedback and yes indeed it will be unable to access internet under a web proxy environment. We did not implement web proxy settings for NAP for the reason that the target market for Nebula products are aimed at SMBs(small and medium businesses) which web proxy is less unlikely used for non-enterprise level networks.

However this is a good suggestion and feature to have, we will consider this idea and evaluate this feature. We'll let you know if there is any updates. :)
    Cheers!
  • SYK
    SYK Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    First Comment Ideas master
    Options
    Hi, Dean.

Thanks a lot for the answer! I got it. I hope to put the function someday.
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    No problem! Feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome.

Nebula Tips & Tricks