GSX2210-28 Access To Web GUI Through Truck Ports and Different VLANS

BallcoIt
BallcoIt Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have Ports 25-28 Trunked and Aggregated to other switches on the network.

When I try to access any of the interface IP's of the switch through the Trunk's even the Default
the Web GUI is very slow and many times the session gets severed.

The only way to access the Web GUI without any issues is by plugging directly into any of
the switches defined access ports.

Is this normal? 

Comments

• Zyxel_Ryan
    Zyxel_Ryan Posts: 72  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @BallcoIt

I was wondering if you are using the same default IPs on your switches (XGS2210 and the one connected with it). Please make sure your switches do not use the same IPs which might cause IP collision. 

Ryan
  • BallcoIt
    First Comment
    No Different IP's
  • Zyxel_Ryan
    edited April 2018
    Hi @Ballcol

Does your answer No Different IP's mean you are using the same IP address? 
    If yes, please make sure your switches do not use the same IPs because it might cause IP collision. 

Besides, I would like to confirm with you if the Trunk and Aggregation you mentioned are the functions in Link Aggregation
    If yes, are you using Static Trunk or LACP? 

Furthermore, please help to check the following items. (I assume you are using Link Aggregation function.)
    1. To exclude the effect caused by Link Aggregation, please try the following test. If you use only one link without Link Aggregation, rather than 4 links, does it resolve the problem?
    2. If one link still does't resolve the problem, please enable the following functions to observe XGS2210 and check if the problem is resolved. 
          a) Loop Guard on the port connected with other switch. (If the problem is not resolved try b))
          b) Broadcast Storm Control on the port connected with other switch

Ryan
  • BallcoIt
    First Comment
    Each switch has its own set of IP's, of course.

I am using LACP on 4 ports connected to a HP 1920 switch also with LACP.

If I use a PC that is plugged into either one of the XGS2210 switches, I can access
    both switches without any issues, its only when I'm across the TRUNK to the HP's
    that I have any issues.

I'm going to try the LG and BSC, but I don't know why that would have any effect.
    I can try linking just one port tomorrow without LACP, just want to be onsite to do this.

TY
  • BallcoIt
    First Comment
    Ok, Just tried LG and BSC on the 4 ports going to the HP switches with no change.
  • BallcoIt
    First Comment
    Here's a series of my configuration screens. Hopefully someone can see something I'm doing wrong.

• Zyxel_Ryan
    Hi @BallcoIt

After doing a local test, we did not find the symptom you mentioned. 
    We suspect the symptom is related to your network environment and configuration.

I would recommend to PM us your configuration and network environment and we can have a more detailed discussion.

Ryan