new wireless instalation

strback
strback Posts: 1  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
To a customer, I have to do a wireless installation. I had planned to use NWA5123-AC-EU0101F along with an Zyxel USG60W that the client already has. I don't know how many NWA5123-AC-EU0101F I need to be able to connect with guarantees to 200 clients. Can someone guide me?

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @strback

For NWA5123-AC, here is our recommended concurrent stations number for each AP.
    1. For Hotspot: 50
    2. For Enterprise: 20.
    It depends on the usage and the traffic for each station.
    Moreover, since the total session number of USG60W is 40000, not sure if it is enough for 200 clients. Maybe you can consider to use bigger model of USG.
    For your reference.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • babyshark
    babyshark Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2018
    You could install the AP as celling mount which has better signal and coverage.
    if you have more users in the location, you could deploy more APs and lower the output power,
    It could lower the interference and provide more wireless capacity.
    RSSI threshold is also important if lots of users and more APs in the area, you could enable this function and based on station signal to fine tune the value. make sure all the client could connect to close  AP with better signal.
  • livealive
    livealive Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    Some points to consider are:

1.What will the 200 STA be doing (emails, watching videos, social media).
    2.Number of AP to deploy depends on the floor plan ,
    3.Per client data rates, client density  per AP you need.
    4.Will the users be mobile for roaming
    5.What is the capacity of the uplink (to the internet)

• Jon_Snow
    Jon_Snow Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Is the deployment used in a school or office? What would be the compartment and the top number of user in an area should be?
    You can use tools to check if the RSSI is ok for every area and it's better higher than -65dBm. If you consider to do roaming, the overlapping area should be not too low to disconnect.
    If there are many people in an area, you can put more than one AP to cover more users but note the interference between wireless channels. If you don't want to put too many APs in an area, you can limit the traffic to make everyone use the wireless network smoothly to browsing a website. 
  • ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    Hi @strback

Moreover, since the total session number of USG60W is 40000, not sure if it is enough for 200 clients. Maybe you can consider to use bigger model of USG.
    For your reference

Hi Joslyn,
    i'm a bit confused, caus my USG60W device show up to 100000 concurrect sessions in the dashboard are possible :o
    If the APs are distributed over a building, then you should not ignore the switch, via which the APs are connected. They must also be able to process the requests and all the concurent sessions/performance from the APs.

For up to 200-250 guests, perhapse ZYXEL publish the configuration from the following success story https://www.zyxel.com/solutions/Spanish-Hotel-Connects-Guests-to-Sand-Sun-and-Stable-WiFi-20180305-229992.shtml to have a basic parameter :)

Regards
    Christian