USG20W-VPN - Slow wireless connection establishment -

andi
andi Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Dear Zyxel,

I have been experiencing very strange behaviours lately with my USG20W-VPN regarding the wireless connection. It is configured in order to use 5Ghz. 

Computer Number 1: was loosing wireless connectivity after many hours although the signal strength is very high (90%). In order to re-establish the connection disabling/enabling the device would work, some combinations of restarting plus the various ipconfig /refresh, /renew, etc commands was necessary. At first I didn't think the USG20W-VPN could be the issue therefore I changed the PCI Express wireless card to a new USB dongle. There was no improvement. I turned off the other Access Point that, although had always been there, might have interfered with the channels. The issue persisted. I have now moved the computer to another room of the house, keeping the same USB dongle and the computer is connected since many days without connection interruptions.

Computer Number 2 and 3: are showing longer times in connecting to the wireless network. Once the connection is established though it doesn't drop. To make and example windows doesn't not connect automatically, it just shows the icon indicating the availability of wireless networks. After not more than 5 minutes though, it connects automatically. The very same thing happens to computer number 3 which is macOS based.

On our mobile phones I haven't noticed any issues for the moment being, although the iPad showed some similar issues in connecting to the network. 

Attached you may find a print screen of the current wireless configuration. Please let me know if you need further details in order to troubleshoot this.

Firmware version: V4.30 (ABAR0)

Thank you very much and best regards,

Andrea

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello andi,
    Please screenshot the log message for checking further.
    I would like to know does USG display "AP disconnect" during issue occur.

Go Monitor>Log>Select CAPWAP on Category field

Moreover, please private message the configuration to me.
    Charlie
  • andi
    First Comment
    Hi Charlie, 

thanks for answering. 

Here the first screenshot. 

Regarding the configuration what do you need exactly? Is what I have attached you in my previous message not enough? 

Thanks a lot. 

andi
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Hello andi,
    Please upload and verify the firmware: 430ABAR0ITS-WK05-r82098 which may solve AP disconnect this case.
    I will private message the firmware to you.
    Charlie
  • KiX
    KiX Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi Zyxel-Team and community!
    I have the same problem with the wifi and disconnects all around my network with the same firmware 4.30(ABAR.0) as andi.
    I thought Zyxel will fix this but apparently, until now there is no new firmware.
    Hello andi,
    Please upload and verify the firmware: 430ABAR0ITS-WK05-r82098 which may solve AP disconnect this case.
    Charlie
    @Zyxel_Charlie is this a new firmware or a nightly build? Can I also get this firmware version if it fixes the wifi issues, please?
    Or when will a "official" version be released?
    Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @KiX
    Please upload and verify the firmware: 430ABAR0ITS-WK13-r82098 which may solve AP disconnect this case.
    Charlie
  • KiX
    KiX Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Charlie when will the firmware be released official?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @KiX,
    For this bug fixing, the official release schedule will be released around end of June.
  • Nikolay
    Nikolay Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hello Charlie!
    I have the same problem with the wifi with the same firmware 4.30(ABAR.0) (USG20W-VPN).
    Can you send the link where to download 430ABAR0ITS-WK13-r82098?
    Thanks!
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Nikolay,
    I send you the firmware download link via private message, please have a check.
  • andi
    First Comment
    Dear all,

anyone was able to solve the issue with the proposed solutions? 

I had to go back to a previous firmware and I am now scared of updating as one of the firmware I tried as would break the whole network. Please let me know. 

Thank you very much. 

andi

Security Highlight