[NEBULA] Enable SIP

JorisKJorisK Member Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited June 2, 2020 4:52PM in Nebula Security Gateway
Hi,

Just wondering, couldnt find anything in the knowledge base: How do i enable/disable SIP on a NSG device? Should i be able to use VOIP communication directly out of the box?

Regards,
Joris

Comments

• Nebula_IreneNebula_Irene Member Posts: 140  mod
    edited October 5, 2017 3:38PM
    @JorisK

Because we have other customers ask about SIP ALG, and the good new is now we are working on discussing this feature internally, so I would like to clarify if your request is SIP server or SIP ALG? I would like to help to transfer this to internal.
  • ZeRicardoZeRicardo Member Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    I have a issue where a customer have 15 ip phones that need receive incoming calls from internet. This way I need to create a rule permitting this incoming connections, but I don't have 15 public IP address do NAT 1:1
  • Nebula_IreneNebula_Irene Member Posts: 140  mod
    Hi @ZeRicardo

Welcome to Nebula Forum.  B)
    We saw you created a ticket regarding this question through our technical support channel, we will reply you through ticket. After the case is clarified We'll update once more here in the post. 
  • Nebula_BarneyNebula_Barney Zyxel Offical Agent Posts: 79  mod
    Hi @JorisK

For common VOIP solutions, SIP ALG is a necessary feature if you need to make calls from inside your local network to phones across the Internet.

Calls across your own private networks should work even if you have a SIP server on the public network.

• ZeRicardoZeRicardo Member Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    I configure ALG directly on SSH session and all works fine, but if the device reboot is needed reconfigure manually. Is important to add this feature on NCC
Sign In to comment.