Multi x and Mini Keeps saying Firmware Upgrading

TonyC
TonyC Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
I've had two Multi Xs on my network for quite a while. One linked by ethernet to my router and the other purely wirelessly. No issues.

Yesterday I added another Multi X - via ethernet in my garage and a Mini - via WiFi in my shed. Both are working fine and I now get coverage over most of my garden.

The two new Multis have been repeatedly saying ""Upgrading Firmware" when viwed on the Android App.

Is this normal?

Will it sort itself out in due course?

Thanks

Tony

Should have said that the firmware version on the new multis are: V2.00(ABKJ.2)C0 on the Multi X and V1.00(ABOF.4)C0 on the Mini.

#Multy_June_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

After you install the new Multy as Extender, those extenders will compare their firmware version with Primary Multy, the extender node will upgrade to the latest firmware if extenders detect the firmware version is older than the primary Multy. They will run the upgrade automatically.
    Please check the App again, they should be the latest firmware now.
    Multy X: V2.20(ABKJ.3)C0
    Multy Mini: V1.00(ABOF.8)C0 

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • TonyC
    TonyC Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Thank you Eric, I  understand. However, the new Multi is still showing that it is upgrading the firmware after several days.. Its currently showing version V2.00(ABJ.2)C0 all the others Multi and Mini are at the latest version.
    Surely it should not take so long? Ealier today I did delete the new multi and re-add it.
    Do I just need to be more patient?
    Tony

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Dear Sir,

If your extender Multy still shows upgrading, please send feedback from your Multy App, and we can check your issue from the log.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center