Multy X logs

Options
2»

All Replies

• brinkie
    brinkie Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So if I understand correctly, SSH login is only provided as a backdoor for remote control by Zyxel staff and there is no logging visible to the user? There isn't even a web interface (well, technically there is: entering Multy's IP-address redirects to /gui and shows 404 Not Found) so if the app stops working, which it does sometimes for unknown reasons, I have no control over the network.

Why Zyxel is treating their customers like they are complete idiots and hide behind GDPR instead of offering a local log dump is beyond me. Every other wifi system I have been using (from Netgear, Linksys and AVM) have useful logging and offer some level of control to their users. I was experiencing network problems today and the logs in the app were not giving information at all. I only could solve the problem by rebooting the Multy's in a certain order, I have no clue what went wrong or what caused it and I have no idea if it will happen again. The wifi network is working now, but I don't feel confident it will keep working and I am not going to buy another Zyxel product offering this low level of control...
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

The Multy X is targeted for the basic users, that's why it only supports App management.
    If you prefer Web management, Multy Plus should be a better choice for you.
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/AC3000-Tri-Band-WiFi-System-Multy-Plus/

Regarding your issue,
    I was experiencing network problems today and the logs in the app were not giving information at all.
    May I know what kind of Network problem on your Multy devices? 
    Were you able to access Multy App when the issue happened?
    If you need any assistance, please "send Feedback" from your Multy App, and we can assist you after we analyze the log.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center