USG110 logs unnecessary 'info: DHCPv6 receive solicit from....' entries

Possu
Possu Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
my USG110 log gets crowded with 'info DHCP DHCPv6 receive solicit from fe80:: ...' entries which are quite useless for me. Is there any other way to block these entries than in Configuration > Log & Report > Log Settings
> System log under network selecting dhcp logging to disable? With that I get rid of these IPv6 entries, but also of all IPv4 entries, which is a negative side-effect from my point of view as for debugging purposes I would like to have entries like 'Requested 192.168.1.139 from [mac-address]' and 'DHCP server assigned 192.168.1.139 to...' in the log.
Any ideas?
regards Possu

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Possu
    When you enable IPv6 function, the PC will send the solicit packet to USG.
    I would like to know does any IPv6 in you environment? If no, please disable IPv6, so the message will not appear.
    Charlie
  • Possu
    Possu Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have a fully functional IPv6 environment so disabling IPv6 is certainly not an option. I would just like to get rid of these useless messages which appear once a minute or so from different devices on my network.
    Possu
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Possu
    The current design of IPv6 is that the log message show the details of process of communication between PCs and USG.
    If you want log message only display "result" for IPv6 communication, it does not support on USG Series so far. I will move this request to Ideas section.
    Charlie

Security Highlight