Netgear 341U USB Modem for WAN

Options
nnadmin
nnadmin Posts: 9  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Has anyone successfully used this modem with a USG? If not, what recent USB modem have you successfully used?  The Zyxel spreadsheets are kind of outdated.

Accepted Solution

• nnadmin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Technically they can work on Verizon's(and only Verizon's) old bands; though there is not much coverage where this needs to be used.  Note, the newest device you listed has not been sold by the carrier in 5 years.  Netgear seems to be the only vendor introducing new USB modems in the North American/US market.  For this location, Sprint has excellent coverage in Bands 25, 26, and 41; and, the other three carriers, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon, have good coverage with the newer LTE Advanced bands.

I will add a post in ideas.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @nnadmin
    For the 3G dongle support list, you can check on this link which official web site updated on 5.2.2017.
    Link:
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/download_landing/product/usg110_210_310_2.shtml?c=gb&l=en&pid=20140508100957&tab=_G_Dongle_Document&pname=USG110/210/310
    Charlie
  • nnadmin
    Options
    That was the outdated spreadsheet I was referring to.  Since mobile hardware is updated about once a year and Zyxel's formal evaluation process lags the release of new hardware, the items on the official list are either discontinued or they don't work with the US bands.  That was why I asked about the Netgear 341U; it was made for the US bands, has been out long enough that someone may have used it, and is most importantly still available.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @nnadmin
    The 4G dongle "USB551L","UML290" or "UML295"  can work on US bands and these dongles are supported by USG series.

Regarding to your request 4G Dongle-Netgear 341U is not on spreadsheets, so you may use the dongles which I mentioned. 

For the dongle "Netgear 341U", you could raise your request on the ideas section.

Charlie

• nnadmin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Technically they can work on Verizon's(and only Verizon's) old bands; though there is not much coverage where this needs to be used.  Note, the newest device you listed has not been sold by the carrier in 5 years.  Netgear seems to be the only vendor introducing new USB modems in the North American/US market.  For this location, Sprint has excellent coverage in Bands 25, 26, and 41; and, the other three carriers, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon, have good coverage with the newer LTE Advanced bands.

I will add a post in ideas.

Security Highlight