Enabled Wifi dramatically reduces bandwidth on USG60W

Seikouri
Seikouri Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
We switched from USG40W to USG60W for fully use the bandwidth provided by our network provider.
Now, devices with wired connections reach download speeds with an average of 420 Mbps, which was the goal of changing the hardware.

But here is the problem:
As soon as we enable WLAN on the USG60W, the speed of devices with wired connections drops to an average of about 160 Mbps.
Disabling WLAN, brings us back to the original speed.

After noticing the issue, we mover the USG60W form production into a test environment for further testing. Only one device is connected to the USG60W and we test against a dedicated server in-house.
Unfortunately, the results are the same. No matter if we setup a 2.4 MHz or a 5MHz WLAN or both, as soon as it is enabled, the average bandwidth drops to a not acceptable low level.

We tried to get some help through Zyxel's tech support , but this was a waste of time. 

Did anyone experienced a similar issue or has an idea about what could cause it?

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Seikouri

I saw there is a same post in Security. Since this is related with USG series, we will update you there.

Joslyn
  • Istvan
    Istvan Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hi,

Yes and I changed the outgoing interface on SSID --> Local VAP Setting menu  to DMZ not the VLAN1 or VLAN2 and the speed on wire VLAN1 and VLAN2 went up. But the WIFI speed remained very poorly..
    My old HGW could much more WIFI speed on the same ISP link...

Br
    Istvan
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Istvan

Since the question is related with USG series, would you like to discuss your question on Security forum? Here is the link.
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/1028/enabled-wifi-dramatically-reduces-bandwidth-on-usg60w#latest

Joslyn
  • Istvan
    Istvan Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hi @Joslyn,

Thank you for your invitation, but I have just found the menu that fixed the slow WIFI speed. This is the  "Bandwidth Management", I switch on it and leave the default policy and now the WIFI speed is the expected level.

BR
    Istvan
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Istvan

Thanks for your sharing. It will be a good reference if we meet such problem in the future.

Joslyn