Using Multy X with Sky Q

Options
DavidM
DavidM Posts: 1
edited April 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Hi 

I have just installed the Zyxel Multy X two pack to run in conjunction with my Sky Q set up. This is to improve wifi speed and boost coverage across my house. However I am not seeing the results I anticipated, and in some cases the performance of the Multy X is worse than Sky. I have my Sky Q boxes running off the Sky router network as previous and my other devices use the Multy network. I am conscious the issue may be that I have two separate mesh systems conflicting with one another, and if so, my question is how do I sort that out? I would run the Sky Q boxes off the Multy X but I am not sure if that is possible since the Multy doesn't have a WPS button. The main issue is that when I am a few metres away from my Multy the wifi drops off significantly, and the reason I bought the Multy was precisely so I wouldn't have this issue. 

The other possible reason might be that I have previously split the bands on my Sky Q hub, on the advice of Sky as I have had wifi issues before. I've also tried both the NAT and bridging modes of the Multy but this hasn't made any difference.

Grateful for any views and advice. 

Thanks

David

#MultyX_Apr_2019

Comments

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options
    What kind of the problem you encountered?
    Can you share your network topology and what is the firmware version of your Multy X?

However I am not seeing the results I anticipated, and in some cases the performance of the Multy X is worse than Sky. 
    Can you explain more details? And is there any screenshots of results? Does the client device connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

I am conscious the issue may be that I have two separate mesh systems conflicting with one another, and if so, my question is how do I sort that out?
    You can set Multy X as bridge mode, there will be existed only one network in your house.
    Internet---Modem/Router---<Ethernet Cable>---1st Multy X)))<WLAN>(((2nd Multy X

I would run the Sky Q boxes off the Multy X but I am not sure if that is possible since the Multy doesn't have a WPS button. The main issue is that when I am a few meters away from my Multy the wifi drops off significantly, and the reason I bought the Multy was precisely so I wouldn't have this issue. 
    Is possible to connect Sky Q and Multy X via Ethernet Cable? What is the distance between two Multy X? Can you confirm which wireless band is connected when you're a few meters away from Multy the wifi drops off significantly?
    You can refer to https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/4791#Comment_4791

Consumer Product Help Center