Antispam [usg210]

ITMT
ITMT Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,
is there any detailed information about how antispam in USG works? I have many e-mails not marked as spam that should be marked, but checked by USG. I am mainly interested in content analysis technique.
I reached better spam detection with my previous solution (SpamAssassin).

Thank you.

Regards, Radim

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello ITMT,
    The process of Anti-SPAM is that,
     before the mail was sent to client, the USG will check the spam signature from the cloud database. If it's spam, the mail will be dropped(depends on the configuration you set)
    Here is the document from FAQ as your reference.
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/989/how-to-configure-an-anti-spam-policy-with-mail-scan-and-dnsbl/p1?new=1
    Charlie
  • ITMT
    ITMT Posts: 6  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Charlie,
    I have the USG Antispam configured correctly. Is there any possibility to contribute to cloud database with my spam patterns to improve spam detection? Or is it closed solution? If so, I will have to implement secondary system to check emails again. But it is a little counterproductive, because I have a paid and valid license in USG.

I do not know it exactly, but I think there are 10-20 % messages not marked as a spam. Messages are checked by USG correctly as they includes "X_ZyXel" headers - they are not skipped by filter.

Thanks.

Regards, Radim.

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello Radim,
    It is more likely a sort of tradeoff between the device throughput and spam hit rate. The USG provides 1st tier protection to filter most of the spam mails.

Moreover, it is possible to add your spam patterns to improve our spam database if you can provide us the missed spam mail examples.

Charlie

Security Highlight