how to change webUI (weblogin) password from ssh-cli on NAS520 ?

Options
jobregon
jobregon Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited December 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I want to know if its posible to change the password of a user like admin from command line interface, i've change it with passwd but it seems to change for ssh not for webui, thanks in advance for your help.

#NAS_Nov_2018

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The command smbpasswd might help. The weblogin credentials are managed by samba. If this works, it won't survive a reboot, so you need to change it again in the webinterface.

All Replies

• Batou
    Batou Posts: 101  Ally Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    What problem did you meet?
    If you forget the password for web GUI, then you can press hardware reset button with 1 beep and release, then the webGUI and admin's password will back to 1234.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The command smbpasswd might help. The weblogin credentials are managed by samba. If this works, it won't survive a reboot, so you need to change it again in the webinterface.
  • jobregon
    jobregon Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I managed to do it with a little script placed in "sbin" called "account.sh" , it does the same thing that "press hardware reset button with 1 beep and release" . I saw the script and actually just restore "passwd" "shadow" "smbpasswd" to default ones. So the answer from @Mijzelf it seems right to me. Thank a lot for the fast response.

Consumer Product Help Center