How to uninstall zysync?

Options
tolyaasch
tolyaasch Posts: 10  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Dear comunity!
I have huge problem with my NAS540 boxes. I have one Synology box too, and
I want backup this Synology to NAS540 but I get "failed rsync login attempt" error message.
It seems the Zysync module listens on same 873 port and blocks rsync login from Synology.
Do you have any idea what to do with it?
Thank you.

#NAS_Oct_2018

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    You can't delete zysync. It's on a readonly mounted filesystem. But if you install your own rsync, nobody stops you if you kill zysync before you start rsync. If rsync has the port, zysync cannot start.

• tolyaasch
    tolyaasch Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    Options
    @Mijzelf thank you for your quick answer!
    Everything sounds good but I dont understand what you mean :) 
    1) install own rsync - how ? i looked for app in AppCenter but there is no Rsync
    2) kill zysync - via SSH? 
    3) after restart (power loss or other restart) zysync will come back again? 
    Thank you.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    1) Using MetaRepository it is possible to install RandomTools, which contains a copy of rsync. The install procedure is a bit different now, you have to use the new mirror.
    2) Yes. Or in the startscript for rsync.
    3) Yes, it will come back again, unless the port is occupied by rsync already. But that doesn't matter, as the startscript of rsync will kill it again.

If you have installed RandomTools, you can put your startscript in /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/RandomTools/etc/custom_startscripts/
    Read the README in that directory.

The startscript should create a file /etc/rsyncd.conf (maybe it's enough to rename zysyncd.conf), kill zysync, and start rsync.

Consumer Product Help Center