Stop neighbors from jamming WiFi

CAK
CAK Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited July 2018 in Multy WiFi System
My neighbors are able to jam my WiFi and I have done multiple steps to prevent this from occurring, however each time they enter and leave their home or hang out in the front of their home which is attached to mine, I have no ability to access WiFi despite the Multy, router, and modem are all sending signal out. My internet provider and the FCC feel like it must be a hand device which is scrambling my signal and not affecting the entire internet provider signal. I was hoping since the Multy has the ability to switch to different frequencies this would help but it has not. Is there a way to program it to change quickly or override her jamming handheld device?

#MultyX_July

Comments

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2018
    Please kindly share more information/screenshots about this problem.
    .What kind of situation you encountered during this problem occurring? Your clients all are not able to connect Multy X WiFi or not able to access Internet via WiFi(2.4GHz or 5GHz) and Ethernet or not able to access Multy X via Multy APP or ...?
    .May we know which ways you did to prevent this?
    .Is this problem only occurred when your neighbors enter and leave their home or hang out in the front of their home?
    .Do you know what kind of devices they have to interfere your WiFi?
    .When this problem occurring, how long will get back to normal? Or how do you do to get it back to normal?
    .How many Multy X units you have? Firmware version?
    .Please open Multy APP and login your myZyxelCloud account, then "Send Feedback" to us, it will attach the log file on the e-mail. We will try to analyze it.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,600  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    however each time they enter and leave their home or hang out in the front of their home which is attached to mine, I have no ability to access WiFi

That is on 2.4GHz, I guess? Long shot: your neighbors have a wireless Chinese security camera with motion detection. Each time the camera sees motion, it starts uploading video using the 2.4GHz band, adding lots of noise to all wifi channels.

Consumer Product Help Center